Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup (Drop In 9-11am)
*The event has already taken place on this date: Sat, 08/24/2019
We will be cleaning along Noons Creek, the Shoreline Trail of the Port Moody Arm of Burrard Inlet to Orchard Park and Rocky Point Park.
The Port Moody Ecological Society acknowledges and honours that our community lies on unceded indigenous land belonging to the Coast Salish Peoples.
- This cleanup is family friendly and a great team event – help out for as long as you’d like. We get that some people only have 30 minutes to spare.
- Please register online.
- Bring three shopping bags – one for garbage, one for recycling and one for cigarette butts
- Record and separate as you go! It can be very messy to go through garbage when you return to the hatchery: insert ugly crying here :(
- Bring gloves and boots (we have a very limited supply)
- Wear clothes that can get dirty and possibly wet – not white! Trust us on this one.
- Stay out of the mud! Port Moody Fire Rescue thanks you.
- Do not pick up dead animals – record the details of the type and location only.
- Stay well away from the railway tracks – it is illegal (and stupid) to play on the tracks.
- If it’s in the mud, leave it. It may now be home to marine animals. - Record the type and location and we will investigate.
- We will be collecting cigarette butts separately and sending them to Terracycle Canada for recycling.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.