Summer Fishing Challenge
Please help us keep this calendar up to date! If this activity is sold out, canceled, or otherwise needs alteration, email email@example.com so we can update it immediately.
1. Tell us about your fishing trips! Either:
A. Print your journal. Click the thumbnail image below to open the PDF.
Fill in the details of each fishing trip you take this summer, and have your parent or guardian sign it. Scan your completed journal, and e-mail your submission along with five (5) photos (see below) to us.
B. Fill in the on-line form. Submit the form along with five (5) photos (see below). You can still print and keep the journal.
- Record the date and where you went fishing on each of your trips. If you catch fish, record how many you caught. To be eligible for the Rod and Reel prize package, you must catch at least one fish per trip on each of five (5) separate fishing trips, and record the fish you caught on your journal.
- You do not need to catch a fish to be eligible for the Fishing Tackle Package prize.
- You do not need to fill in all 10 spots in the journal to be eligible for a prize.
- Trips can be to different fishing locations, or to the same location on different dates.
2. Take a photo on five (5) of your fishing trips:
In addition to completing the printed journal or on-line form, take a photo on a minimum of five (5) of your fishing trips (photos can be of scenery at the lake/river, fishing, or your catch) and submit your photos via the on-line form or with your printed journal.
- Participants must be under 16 and residents of British Columbia.
- Parent/guardian consent required.
- There is a limit of one (1) journal submission and one (1) prize per participant.
- Only journals with at least five entries, along with five (5) photos, will be eligible for a prize, and must be sent via e-mail to LearntoFish@gofishbc.com (or submitted using the on-line form with photos attached), by August 3rd, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. PST.
- Submitted photos must be in .GIF, .JPEG, .PNG or .JPG format, and under 5 MB each.
- A correct answer to the skill-testing question is required.
- If you are under 16 and a resident of British Columbia, you may sport fish in fresh water without any licence or stamp, and are entitled to your own quota (legal limit) of fish.
- Parents/guardians and those 16 or over require a valid B.C. freshwater fishing licence to sport fish.
- Abide by the B.C. Freshwater Fishing Regulations.
- We encourage you to fish locally, and practice physical distancing.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
No purchase necessary to participate, or to be eligible for prizes.
Must be a legal resident of British Columbia, Canada.
Participants must be under 16, and have consent from a parent/guardian.
Only complete submissions will be eligible for prizes. A complete submission consists of a journal with at least five entries (either submitted via e-mail or on-line form), plus five (5) attached photos.
A correct answer to the skill-testing question is required.
“Summer Fishing Challenge” will be made available on-line on Friday, May 21, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. PST.
Complete submissions, including a journal with at least five entries and photos from five (5) fishing trips, must be received by August 3, 2021 at 4:00 p.m. PST to be eligible.
Prizes will be shipped to the mailing address provided no later than September 15, 2021.
Awarding of Prizes
The Blue Fox Fishing Rod & Reel prize (retail value of $36) will be awarded to the first 200 eligible participant submissions received. Participants who submit an eligible entry for the Fishing Rod & Reel prize, but are not awarded the prize due to supplies being exhausted, will then become eligible for the Fishing Tackle prize.
A Fishing Tackle prize (retail value of $15) will be awarded to the first 1,000 eligible participant submissions received.
A maximum one (1) prize per participant. Participants will receive either a Fishing Tackle prize OR Fishing Rod & Reel prize.
Participants eligible for prizes will receive confirmation of prize award through the e-mail address provided by August 6, 2021.
Prize value is an estimate, and the actual retail value may vary. All prizes must be accepted as awarded.
The chances of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible submissions received. All decisions of promotion officials are final.
The Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC and its advertising and promotion agencies are not responsible for late, lost, misdirected, or delayed entries.
Copyright of any photos submitted must be held by the entrant.
Personal information, including submitted photos, are collected strictly for the purposes of administering the “My Fishing Journal” promotion as outlined in the Terms and Conditions.
Personal information will not be given to any third-party individual(s) or organization(s), and will only be held until the completion of the promotion.
The Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC reserves the right to terminate or suspend or to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and in any way, without prior notice, for any reason whatsoever.
*Times, dates, and prices of any activity posted to our calendars are subject to change. Please be sure to click through directly to the organization’s website to verify.